How to Wash and care A Human Hair Wig?
If you're new to wigs, or just looking for tips on how to properly wash your human hair wig, look no further. This page contains important information about human hair wigs and how to care for them.Keep reading:
- Use only hair care products designed for lace frontal wigs. Do not use standard hair care products from the drugstore.
- Before washing, brush wig remove any teasing or tangles. Place your wig in a basin or sink in cool water. Gently hand washes with a mild detergent or shampoo.
- Distribute conditioner and a wide tooth comb to natural virgin hair thoroughly before shampooing. Condition the wig if would like but stay away from the roots.
- It is best to allow your human hair wig to air dry on a wig stand as this is most gentle on the hair fibers. Rollers can be used to set the wig.
Washing Your Human Hair Lace Wig
- Rinse with cool to lukewarm water. (Water should be at room temperature or slightly warmer.)
- Apply a very small drop of high-quality mild shampoo to the wet hair (avoid the scalp area). Do NOT rub the hair or scalp as you would with your own.
- Comb the shampoo through the hair from top to bottom using gentle downward strokes one section at a time. Do not scrub the hair.
- Gently apply some of the soapy water to the inside of the cap. Do not scrub the cap.
- Rinse again with cool to lukewarm water from the top down and from the inside of the cap to remove excess shampoo.
- Gently blot hair with a towel.
- You may now apply some conditioner to the damp hair. Avoid the scalp area as the conditioner can loosen the knots.
- Rinse away some of the conditioners with cool to lukewarm water only from the inside of the cap allowing a small amount to remain in the hair.
Conditioning Your Real Human Hair Wig
- While the hair is still wet, spread a small amount of fashion human hair wig conditioner into the palm of your hands and work evenly into the hair.
- Avoid application of conditioner to the base of the wig as it can loosen the knots on the cap, causing hair loss to your hair piece.
- Leave the conditioner in the hair for 3-5 minutes. While the hair is wet and saturated with your wig conditioner, very gently detangle the wig, starting at the tips of the hair and working your way up.
- Gently squeeze excess water from the wig (do not rub or wring) and lightly blot hair with a towel (do not twist or wring).
Drying Your Natural Human Hair Wig
- Gently blot hair with a towel.
- Allow the wig to air dry naturally. (Do not dry your wig with a blow dryer. It can dry out and damage the hair and multi-skin top.)
- To restyle your human hair wig, you may use a blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron on low heat settings only or use electric rollers on a medium setting.
Virgin Human Hair Wig Care Tips
- Store your wig on a wig stand or form that is smaller than the base of the cap to prevent the cap from stretching.
- Direct sunlight will fade the hair so avoid storing your wig where it will be exposed to light.
- Do not wear your hairpiece while sleeping. It may result in hair loss, breakage and matting.
- Lighter hair colors are more delicate than darker colors because additional processing is needed to achieve the light colors.
- Over time, your wig will lose hair. This is a natural part of the life cycle of your wig.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water, sea water, and hot water to avoid damage to your wig.