The Elastic Band On Wig
An elastic band is a critical part of a wig because it is designed to allow your wig cap to sit snugly over your head but also ensure it remains in place regardless of whatever situation you come across. You definitely do not want your wig flying off your head at the slightest nudge.
There are several articles online that explicitly teach you how to sew an elastic band to your wig, but no information about what the difference between the many types of elastic bands used on wigs are. In this article, we will introduce the pros and cons of different types of elastic bands.
The Traditional Elastic Band for Wigs
These are spools of a black elastic band made of polyester fiber. They are thick, excellent tensile strengths with a good stretch. The traditional elastic bands are used in a lot of hand-made wigs. People who enjoy making wigs by themselves always use the traditional elastic band.
- They are relatively comfortable because there is no hard material used besides the fabric
- They easily attach to your wig and sew because of the knitted pattern
- You can make it using your head size
- It is easily damaged by heat
- Shrinks after long-term use
- To maintain good elasticity, you need to replace the elastic band regularly by yourself
- Need time to sew it by yourself
- Not adjustable and removable
The Adjustable & Removable Elastic Band for Wigs
The adjustable elastic band is a 1.2-inch wide band, Soft flannel fibe. It gives you a certain amount of room to adjust your wig.
- Comes with adjustable straps and with a secure link
- Removable and adjustable elastic band. You can remove or adjust your elastic band depending on your personal preference
- Widder flannel fibe elastic band is more comfortable than the old 1.2 inch elastic band
- The strip can be adjusted backwards or forwards to loosen or tighten the wig on your head as desired
- Helps to make your glueless wig more secure
Now, Sogoodhair update all lace wigs to adjustable& removable elastic band. I t will make your install work more easier.
Choose the right elastic band for your new wig, you can also get the desired look effectively. Wigs are fun, and these tips will help you out.
View More Wig