Who doesn’t love curls! They look great. They give you a voluminous look. They look natural. However, they are difficult to maintain. Want to help keep your curls smooth, soft, and without frizz? Remember to incorporate regular hair detangling into your curly hair routine. It’s an essential part of caring for virgin curly hair. High-quality curly wigs from Sogoodhair are easier to maintain but you still have to spend some extra time in detangling the curls and giving them a managed look.
There is a right way to detangle your curly hair—so it’s all about knowing how to do it. But should you try detangling your curly hair when it’s wet or dry? And should you use a brush or a comb? Follow our step-by-step instructions for detangling curly hair, then learn about our best hair care tips for curly hair.
1. Start With Damp Or Wet Hair
Detangling curly hair is easier when your hair is wet. So, put in the warm pool and use shampoo and conditioner before getting down to it. Remember though that your hair is at its most fragile when it’s wet, so you’ll want to be gentle during the detangling process. That’s where the next two steps come into play.
2. Add Leave-in Conditioner
If you find that your curly hair is especially difficult to comb through, spritz on a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to help make the process more effortless. Focus on the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair.
3.Detangle with your finger
Detangle with your finger first, separate it into a smaller section. Beginning from the easy parts which are sides, then tackled the back. Avoid loss of hair strands.
4. Use A Wide-tooth Comb, Never A Brush
Curly hair is very fragile. Using a wide-tooth comb is the gentlest way to detangle curls. It also won’t disturb the natural curl pattern like a brush. Better yet, go for finger-combing for the most gentle approach.
5. Always Comb Your Hair From The Bottom Up
Think about it: Where are your tangles? They’re probably towards the bottom of your hair, right? Starting at the bottom allows you to gently detangle each knot, rather than compounding them all toward the bottom.
*THINGS YOU WILL NEED IN THIS PROCESS
- Wide teeth comb.
- Wig brush - DO NOT brush your wig with a normal brush! Get a specific WIG brush.
- Wig detangler spray - If you can't get the wig detangler spray, you can make it by mix hair conditioner and clean water.
- Some conditioner.
- Comb through the hair with your fingers, but work slowly and gently until the tangles are removed.
- Use the cool air set of hair blower, not hot air. Or let the hair air dry.
*TIPS - IF YOU WANT TO AVOID YOUR WIG FROM TANGLING FOR A LONG TIME, YOU NEED TO CARE IT WELL.
- Do not sleep with the wig wear on.
- Store it properly in its case or hang it on a wig head when you are not using it.
- Use the proper mild shampoo and conditioner, wash it regularly.
- The moisture it, and minimize its exposure to sunlight and wind.
- Use hot tools less.
All of our curly wigs in Sogoodhair are made of 100% virgin hair and can be easy to care for. Here you can easily choose the curly wig you want: https://www.sogoodhair.com/collections/wigs-curly
Do you have any other tips? Do not hesitate to let us know in the comment section!
Our diva show: