6 Tips For How To Make Your Wig Look Natural
Nov 02, 2023
Tip 1: Buy a Wig That Fits Your Head
Tip 2: Pluck Your Wig
2) Space out plucking so that it’s not too close together. For reference, consider the distance between the teeth on a wide-tooth comb.
3) Pluck hairs so that there is no obvious line where the lace starts. There should be a gradient effect, so hair goes from less dense around the hairline to full coverage.
4) If the hair is too dense at the part (and the part won’t change), lightly pluck to create a more natural-looking part.
Tip 3: Cut the Lace to Fit Your Face
A simple tip for how to make a wig look real is to cut the lace while the unit is on your head. Why? Lace wigs come with extra lace that covers your forehead so you can easily place and secure the unit. You’ll cut the excess lace before you secure the wig.
To look like your natural hair, place the wig on your head and follow these steps:
1) Clip the hair back, away from your forehead so you can clearly see your hairline.
2) Adjust the unit until it’s placed where you want to secure it later.
3) Make your first cut in the middle of your forehead towards the hairline, being sure not to cut any baby hairs you want to keep.
4) As you cut along the hairline, avoid doing so in straight line. Follow your natural hairline and its curves.
5) Clip the ear tabs, cutting away excess hair and lace. Make sure to stay close to the ears for the most natural look.
Tip 4: Blending is Bliss
Makeup on a wig? Yes, if you want to know how to make a wig look natural, this simple step is a game-changer. Using powder and concealer you already have, lightly brush along the hairline and part. Then you can gently blot or dab the concealer into the lace with a makeup brush or even your fingers to get a more natural-looking hairline. This will blend the lace with the color of your skin to give a more natural look and hide harsh edges.
Tip 5: Flatten Your Natural Hair
Knowing how to make a wig look real starts before you put it on. This step may seem obvious, but it really is SO important. The flatter your natural hair, the better your wig will fit.
How you flatten your natural hair will vary depending on the length, density, and texture of your hair. Additionally, many women choose to wear a stocking cap or other wig cap to secure their natural hair. The most common ways to prepare your natural hair for the perfect lace front wig install includes:
• Low bun
Tip 6: 100% Human Hair, 100% Natural Looking
All these tips are great, but ultimately, the best tip for how to make a wig look natural is to start with a 100% human hair wig. With Sogoodhair’s virgin, human hair wigs, you have the benefit of choosing the texture, origin, and color you want. No matter what style you choose, you can hold your crown high.
You care for a human hair wig much like your natural hair. In fact, regularly washing and brushing your wig will keep it looking natural and fresh. To prolong the life of your human hair wig, follow these tips:
• Keep the unit on a wig head when you’re not wearing it. This prevents tangling and keeps the structure.
• Avoid harsh chemicals like chlorine, hot water, and saltwater.
• Be mindful when using heated styling tools. Some wig textures may not take well to heat.
If you’re still not sure how to make a wig look natural, Sogoodhair wants to help make your life easier. With qualifying purchases, we offer free wig customizations to get that natural look, including knot bleaching, plucking, and lace cutting. If you want show-stopping hair, Sogoodhair’s got what you need.