Find Your Wig Size
Nov 02, 2023
Just as you would consider the size for a new top or pair of shoes before you buy, considering correct wig measurements is essential for a comfortable fit. If you are buying one of the many gorgeous wigs available from Sogoodhair, one of your first priorities should be looking up how to measure your head for a wig. This is a straight forward procedure that will ensure your wig measurements are right for you. We’ll walk you through the wig measurements process to keep it simple!
Before you begin measuring your head, make sure your hair is all pinned up and lying flat (with or without a wig cap). Your hair must be prepared the same way you would have it right before applying the wig. This will eliminate bulges that distort head contours. Use a tape measure to measure. Most lace wig measurements are made in inches. Do not stretch the tape measure tape when measuring.
* When measuring, place your measuring tape outside of your natural hairline.
1.Circumference of the Head:
Position tape measure so its edge follows the hair line around the head and nape of the neck.
2. From Forehead to Nape of Neck:
Measure from front hairline at center of forehead straight back over crown to center of hairline at nape of the neck.
3. Ear to Ear Across Front Hairline:
Measure from hairline at base of side-burn, up across the hair line keeping your tape along the forehead.
4. From Ear to Ear:
Measure from ear to ear directly above the ear across top of head to the other ear.
5.From Temple to Temple:
From temple to temple across the back of the head.
6.Nape of Neck:
Measure the width of the hairline across the nape of the neck.
Helpful hints on taking an accurate measurement:
1. Measure holding the tape snug but not tight against the head.
2. Keep the tape flat against your head not allowing twists to develop on the tape.
3. Measure at least 3 times. Consistent measurements will indicate you are measuring correctly.
4. Use a cloth measuring tape if possible.