How Long A Wig Can Be Kept In?
Nov 02, 2023
For African ladies who love a glamorous look and want to protect their natural hair, the best choice is a lace wig. And how long can you keep a wig on? I believe everyone has their own answers.
The great thing about lace wigs is the better you take care of them, the longer they will last. Now follow Sogoodhair, we’re going to discuss how long can you keep a wig on and some simple tips can make your wigs last longer.
How Long Can You Keep A Wig On?
The accurate answer to this question is that it really varies based on the type of wig you use, the skill of your hairstylist, how closely you follow natural hair wig care guidelines and a few other factors.
And also the direct answer is: it depends on the chemical composition of the adhesive you use. Some adhesives are short-term, while others can keep a glued wig for several weeks (4-6 months). You should choose the right glue, or it will damage your edges.
Usually: A lace front wig can be left on for up to six weeks with long term adhesive. The length of time a lace front wig can be left on is really defended on what method and products were used to apply the wig.
I do not recommend to keep a glued wig on for such a long time because your hairs need attention; wash and moisturize them regularly. Wigs are a good way to enhance your beauty, but they cannot replace the original healthy hairs. The chemical makeup of the adhesive will dictate its hold time.
The lifespan of a wig totally depends on how you care for the wig or hair system. A top quality wig if worn daily lasts around 4 months if it is cared for.What the wig or hair system is made of also greatly influences the lifespan of the wig.
How To Make Your Wig Last Longer?
1. Wear Your Wig Less Often
If you wear an wig everyday, you may need to consider buying two wigs and rotating them. The less you wear your wig, the longer it will last. Besides that, rotating will allow you to care properly for your wigs on “off” days.
2.Take care of your wigs
If you are combing the wig after use, cleaning it with right shampoo and hair conditioner, and following all the usage guidelines shared by top wig suppliers and designers, then, your wig will have a long life.
3.Styling your wig
When using heated styling products such as straighteners and curlers, we recommend using the lowest setting possible, using plenty of heat styling protection products and not using the styling products anywhere near the root of the hair.
It is always better to style wigs when wet, using rollers, rather than using heated styling products – this is the best way to prolong your wigs life, however it is not always practical.
4.Storing your wig
When you’re not wearing your wig, it should always be stored on a wig stand away from excess heat, damp and direct sunlight. If you need to travel with your wig, use a wig stand and wig box to ensure it doesn’t become damaged or misshapen during your journey.
Washing and Conditioning Your Human Hair Wig
▪ Rinse with cool or warm water. (Water should be at room temperature or slightly warmer.)
▪ Apply a very small drop of high quality mild shampoo to the wet hair (avoid the scalp area). Do NOT rub the hair or scalp as you would with your own.
▪ Comb the shampoo through the hair from top to bottom using gentle downward strokes one section at a time. Do not scrub the hair.
▪ Gently apply some of the soapy water to the inside of the cap. Do not scrub the cap.
▪ Rinse again with cool or warm water from the top down and from the inside of the cap to remove excess shampoo.
▪ Gently blot hair with a towel.
▪ You may now apply some conditioner to the damp hair. Avoid the scalp area as the conditioner can loosen the knots.
▪ Flush out some of the cool cap conditioning only allows a small amount of hair left in the interior of lukewarm water.
Prevent entanglement of your wig
▪ Occasionally, the wig may be entangled on neck, because the back and shoulder region of the friction junction upward. Thinner hair more likely is that it will gather - this is completely normal.
▪ Prevent tangles, the best way is to brush a wig and a small drop of oil used each time to complete each day. It really is very important to maintain a healthy wig and prevent dry hair and struggle, because it does not receive the natural oils from the head.
▪ Never sleep on wet hair, make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to bed. It is also recommended to wrap your hair together or gently tie it up to prevent tangling.If you are loathed to ruin a hairstyle or have difficulty wrapping the curlier kind of hairstyles, invest in a satin cap or a satin pillowcase. Not only will it enable you to sleep without the worry of tangles or breakage, but you will also maintain the moisture that cotton made pillowcases strip from your hair.
Although Sogoodhair human wigs are more expensive then the synthetic varieties, but human hair wigs allow for a more natural appearance. Meanwhile,how long it last is depend on your care.The better you do,the longer it will last.
This is the reason why should take care of human hair wig.There are things you need to do to protect your wig and allow the wig to look good for years.
If you don’t know where to buy good wigs online, maybe you can try to search the Sogoodhair online, you can choose human hair lace front wigs, full lace wigs,360 lace wigs, fake scalp lace wigs, and other trendy wigs in any texture and color on sale. Now we also have the new arrival: HD lace wig.
Buy from Sogoodhair online wig store, our wig also have pre-plucked, pre-bleached, invisible knots, removable elastic band, secure combs, and 100% unprocessed virgin hair. Black Friday is coming, Let’s get your human hair wigs of great quality at very affordable prices.