Can Lace Wigs Damage Your Hairline?
Can Lace Wigs Damage Your Hairline?
Lace front wigs are a popular choice for women searching to change their look. It known for their many benefits, including the natural illusion they create for the hairline and confidence they give to those wearing one.
Some people say wearing cheap lace front wigs will tear their hairline, so they are always afraid of hairline damage.And can lace front wigs damage your hairline alone? The answer is not.
It’s important to consider the method you are using to put on your wig, secure your wig and also look after your wig and natural hair. it’s not the wig that damages the hair. It’s the hair care practices and methods used that cause damage to the hair.
Keep reading, we will explain this answer to you. And we will share some do's and don'ts for protecting your hairline from damage.
Will Lace Wigs Ruin My Hairline?
First,let’s talking about whether lace wigs will damage your hairline.
Human hair wigs of Sogoodhair are all made with real hair. It's of high quality. So human hair wig is no harm to your hair. What does damage them is the improper use of the lacing systems, and not following the proper procedure while wearing and removing them.
The hair wig needs to be attached to your head using an adhesive. Make sure you only use the adhesive that is specifically designed to attach the lace front wigs. You should also use the appropriate adhesive remover while taking off the lacing wig.
The lace of hair wig should only be used for a few days at the maximum. After that, you need to remove it and clean it. You also need to wash and condition your own hair. Before wearing a lac wig, always make sure that your hair is completely dry.
You should also get a breathable cap that prevents direct contact between the adhesive and your hair. If you take the right precautions, a lace hairpiece will have no impact on your natural hair.
What Will Damage Your Edges?
Wear an incorrect size
Wigs that fit too tightly can cause hair loss and breakage around the perimeter of the head.
Insider tip: Have your head measured by a professional who specializes in styling wigs.
Skip wash day
It may be tempting to skip out on wash day, but be sure to shampoo and condition your hair as you would normally to remove dirt, and bacteria off the hair and scalp.
Neglect your hairline
Wig caps protect your hair and keep your hair flat so that the wig does not look bulky, but they can cause breakage or dryness along the hairline. To prevent damage to your edges, slide the stocking cap behind the ear. Your hairline will be exposed, and you can use an high quality cap to prevent damage in this area.
Avoid adhesives if possible
If you have to use adhesive for a particular style, try to minimize how often you use the adhesive in order to prevent hair loss or breakage around the hairline.
Use materials that cause scalp irritation
If you have a sensitive scalp, you may want to stay away from wigs made with synthetic hair. Sensitivities to wig materials can cause excessive itching, burning, and scalp tenderness.
How Can Protect My Hairline When Wearing A Wig?
Improper method of wearing lace front real human hair wigs is one of the main reasons that will cause hairline damage. Then what you should pay attention to when wearing your full lace front wigs for women?
1. Wiping your hairline with A cotton swab dipped in alcohol or detergent, applying the moisturizer and the hairline lotion to your hairline. Care your hairline is an important step.
2. Choose materials that will not cause allergic reactions and irritation. If you have a sensitive scalp, avoid wigs made with fillers such as animal hair and synthetic hair.
3. Secure your natural hair: You can braid longer lengths to your scalp to create a flat surface, or if your hair is short, you can wrap it. Make sure all of your own hair is secured before applying any adhesive.
4. Choosing high-quality glue or tape adhesive for wearing your human hair lace front wigs for black women. If the glue is not suitable, the incompact installation will cause the hairline tear, and then damage your hairline. If you want to wear your human lace front wigs with baby hair when you swimming, then you should choose the waterproof glue. If you only wear your best lace front wigs for a short time, then you can paste your lace front wigs with baby hair to your wig cap with a high-quality double-faced adhesive tape.
5. Practice gentle removal methods: Don't take off your lace wig when you're rushed. Use a designated adhesive remover for lace front wigs. Apply enough to soften the glue, and slowly take the wig off. If you feel any resistance, apply more remover and wait several minutes before trying again.
Be patient when removing your wig. Never pull it off quickly, as this can contribute to hair loss and scalp irritation and even wounds, almost as if you were waxing your head.
6.Treat your hair. Always be sure to thoroughly wash and condition your hair underneath with sulfur free products. Use leave-in conditioning products while preparing your hair - before applying wigs. This should be done no less than every 2-3 weeks.
How to solve this problem perfectly: Wear a glueless wig.
You can skip the hassle altogether by opting for a wig that requires no glue. These days, lace front wigs of Sogoodhair come with adjustable straps and small combs that you can use to tightly secure the hair wig.
Glueless wigs like U-part wigs or lace closure wigs are applied without any use of adhesive or glue ( of course, if you want to use adhesive or glue to make it more natural, it is also no problem ). This entire process of applying the wig is less time consuming. It is made with the adjustable straps and elastic band or stretch lace caps to ensure perfect fit and security of the wig.
Buy a glueless human hair wig from Sogoodhair. They are safer to use and easy to wear for hours. The best part is that they are harmless and one can remove it with ease without causing any mess to your natural hairs. Best part , since no glues are required to wear Glueless Lace Wigs , you can take off the wig at the end of the day.
Sogoodhair offers various human hair glueless wigs,there’s a many different textures and types of non lace wigs to select.Hair texture like: wave,straight,curly, kinky curly and others.
Sogoodhair wigs are 100% human hair so they can give you a natural looking at an affordable price. No glue or tape needed and it is made with the adjustable straps and elastic band or stretches lace caps to ensure perfect fit and security of the wig.